Thursday, September 3, 2009

"I Personally Know Rick. Do I Have to Worry About Appearing On Sarcastic Robots in an Unflattering Manner?"

Why, that is an excellent question Jimmy, and a lot of people have asked us about this (ed. note, this statement is false both because no one has asked and because we don't know anyone named Jimmy (also note that this blog has no editor and we have no problem using nested parentheses)). But we here at Sarcastic Robots appreciate that while we (strictly speaking, I) have decided to use our real names and identities - again, there is only actually one of us - on this here blog, you have not signed over your right to internet anonymity simply by being acquainted with the aforementioned Rick Valenzano.

In this end, the real names of persons involved in any stories recounted will be redacted and replaced with false monikers or vague pronouns*. While the context will often let other acquaintances of Rick Valenzano in on the identities of the characters mentioned, be advised that this will only occur in situations in which we would be comfortable recounting said "adventures" in a regular social gathering with the names intact (ie. non-digital person-to-person interactions). As we plan on mostly avoiding stories in which anyone except Rick Valenzano (our inspiration and muse (and author (see, we're doing the parentheses thing again, I warned you))) appears ridiculous, you should be free and in the clear. The one exception being in the case of us being out for sweet, sweet revenge.

* Note, we will use the real names of individuals where it is of clear benefit to them (ie. if they want readers to contact them), or if they otherwise ask us to divulge their identities (which seems unnecessary, but who knows what you people want).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like you're blogging in Lisp!

Paul said...

If I were you, I would be far more worried with other people posting funny stories about you here. ...Like the time you were hit with pies in the face and groin, for example. You know, stuff like that :).

Rick said...

Yeah, but I am in control of the comments and can delete them if need be. Also, I'm not ashamed of that moment. I think that speaks more about your characters' than it does about mine. The fact that I spent an entire night with, let's call him the "man of science", editing that footage and giggling like idiots, as well as the fact that I have willingly shown that video to people who know nothing about it, that says something about my character.

Also, due to the content of the anonymous comment, I assumed that was from someone in Edmonton (where most of my CSy friends are). But Google Analytics tells me that comment was from somewhere in Ontario. So I have no idea who it was. Particularly considering the time.

Anonymous said...

I request that this video be posted on the internet.

Rick said...

I don't like posting such videos on the internet, however if you are someone I personally know, regardless of which side of the continent you are on, a viewing can be arranged.