Thursday, September 10, 2009

Commenting Guidelines: Anonymous Commenting

I fully encourage commenting of pretty much any kind or form. Feedback is definitely appreciated, and I only plan on deleting comments if they become overly inflammatory (ie. racist, sexist, etc.) or if they are the work of spammers.

However, I would appreciate if you avoided the use of anonymous commenting. Don't get me wrong, you can use all the false pseudonyms you want. From my perspective, the game of guessing the commenter from the fake name is a fun one.

I'm not even asking you to maintain a consistent identity or use a real name. You may do so if you wish (it is kind of helpful for me in tracking readers), or you may not. I just want some additional context to your comment, even if it is fake.

I will not actually turn off the use of anonymous commenting, quite frankly because I don't care that much. I would just prefer that you yourself make the decision to turn down that option and I encourage you to be creative in your name selection.

Note, commenting anonymously on this post is neither original nor funny. It is actually quite lame. I just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you thought you were really clever.